The City of Glendale Public Works Department is seeking a full-time Utility Locator/Technician. Performs timely and accurate locates of City utilities. Identifies and mark water, wastewater, stormwater, and other infrastructure to protect City facilities from damage, meet Utility Notification Center of Colorado (UNCC) requirements. Uses a variety of data sources, including mapping software, document management systems, as-built drawings, specialized equipment, and field observations to ensure accuracy and timeliness in accordance with UNCC requirements. Work includes a high level of independent judgment, including the ability to work under pressure when responding to emergencies and other afterhours requests. Also, assists with the maintenance of City of Glendale Parks, Streets and Utilities to include maintenance of parks, trees and landscapes, streets, sewers, waterlines, and irrigation systems. The job includes the operation of trucks and other equipment. Hours are typically 7 am to 3:30 pm, Monday thru Friday. Applicant must be willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays and be physically able to perform the job duties.
High School Diploma or GED required. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and possess and maintain a valid Colorado driver’s license. A commercial drivers license is preferred but not required. Applicants are subject to a pre-employment drug screen.
Please send a resume along with the application.
Benefits for Job Postings- Full time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employee is at no cost. Contribution required for dependents.
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance in the amount employee’s current salary.
- Long Term Disability paid out at 60% of normal salary.
- 8% of employee’s annual salary paid into 401(a) with 5-year vesting period
- Membership for employee and dependent family members to Glendale Sports Center.
- 12 paid holidays.
- Paid vacation:
- 80 hours vacation annually for 1st 5 years
- 120 hours vacation annually after 5 years
- Sick pay accrued at 96 hours annually